Contest Rules and Guidelines
CUGC is accepting submissions for the 2020 CUGC T-Shirt Design Contest between January 15, 2020 and February 16, 2020. The winning design will be printed on the official 2020 CUGC T-Shirt to be released at Citrix Synergy 2020 in Orlando, FL.
T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes
- 1st Place – Design will be featured on the official CUGC 2020 t-shirt, recognition on myCUGC.org and social media, and designer receives one pair of Apple AirPods Pro.
- 2nd Place – $100 Amazon gift card and recognition on myCUGC.org and social media
- 3rd Place – $50 Amazon gift card and recognition on myCUGC.org and social media.
Design Rules and Guidelines
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must include year "2020" and "CUGC."
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design will be printed in up to two solid colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, a high resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- A conceptual design may be submitted instead of a fully rendered design. All conceptual designs must be spelled out using highly descriptive language to fully articulate the design. A sketch of the design must be submitted along with the description. Select designs may be chosen by CUGC for rendering by a graphic artist.
- Members limited to (1) entry. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort. See more on collaborative efforts below.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to CUGC end user/customer and channel partner members. Members employed by a Citrix Ready Partner or similar vendor and members employed by Citrix are not eligible.
- Members who have entered and/or won previously are encouraged to enter again. You may resubmit your entries from previous years.
- Entries become the property of CUGC.
- CUGC reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
- Collaborative entries should use the name of your local group when possible. No entry using the name of a company will be accepted. Recognition on myCUGC.org and social media may include each contributing member to of the group submitting a collaborative entry when feasible. Should a collaborative entry win, the submitting group will be awarded one (1) pair of Apple AirPods Pro or one (1) Amazon gift card. The winning group is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group.
How Winners Are Selected
- Entries must be emailed by February 16, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2020 T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name + Design Title.”
- Include your name, mailing address and telephone number. Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission for communication from HQ.
- There will be two rounds of voting:
Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Round 1: The CUGC Steering Committee and Synergy Working Group will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to the CUGC community and the overall winner determined by a vote of the community. The Synergy Working Group will break a tie.
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of the CUGC community
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of CUGC, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner's failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner's failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the contest via social media, CUGC blog, e-newsletter and on myCUGC.org.
2019 Deadlines and Important Dates
- To release the rights to your design to CUGC for the use of the 2020 CUGC t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the CUGC website, social media and marketing materials.
- That CUGC reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- That winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prizes.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
- January 15, 2020 - Contest begins
- February 16, 2019 - SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- March 2019 - Community voting
- April 2019 - Winner announced
- May 19-21, 2019 - Citrix Synergy 2029/T-shirt release
If you have any questions regarding contest rules, please email email@example.com.